Monday, July 5, 2010

The Conga is underway.

didn't post yesterday because the wifi wasn't working properly, so I'll wrap two days into one post. Rain seems to be a running theme, but we are hoping to break that trend tomorrow. Yesterday we rode into rain just to get up this morning and ride out of rain. Rain, rain go away. Yesterday at lunch we had two ladies interested in all the pink. They told us about a surviving mother. They were impressed by the Conga and wanted us to have a donation. I've been traveling for two days and I'm still in Texas. I did discover that when you are traveling westbound and the winds are from the south, then the right side of my bike is REALLY toasty. Today I saw a largest cross I've ever seen outside Amarillo along with a statue series of the passion of Christ. If you've never bothered to stop it's worth a look. Warning: the parking lot is gravel.

No comments: