Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Heading Home

Yesterday I started the long ride homeward. Stayed at the Stage Stop Hotel in Springfield, CO and they did not offer wifi so I had to forego the blogging and concentrate on resting. I made it to 9:30 and had to call it a day. The ride from Colorado was windy, but finally I had a day without rain. However, a day without rain when you are headed southbound means the heat begins to take over. Thank you, Princess for the cooling vest! I finally got to use it and it's awesome, really cuts the heat.

Today I got up early to get on the road and make some time. One mile out of town I was stopped for road work in a zone where only one land gets through at a time. Couldn't figure out why we were stopped when there was no traffic coming the other way. Didn't understand until 20 minutes later we got underway. Then I could understand because the zone was about 6 or 7 miles long. WOW. The highway will someday be 4-land divided all the way to Texas, but today it's a road work delay.

The rest of the ride was pretty uneventful, except for the fact that I had to get through several more construction zones. They were nothing like that first one, but  still a slow down, detour, and the ever present pucker factor.

Tomorrow, home.

TRC

No comments: